Finance and Risk
managing financial services across the trust
Meet the Team
Jo HumeFinance Manager
Jo manages the operational financial processes and budgets across the Trust.
Julia GibbsChief Financial Officer
Julia produces all financial reporting to Trustees and manages all ESFA and other external financial reporting requirements.
What we offer
The Finance team ensures that academies can manage their budgets efficiently and effectively, enabling as much as possible goes into supporting teaching and learning.
The Finance Team has a statutory role in ensuring that academies maximise their funding. This comprises monitoring academies budgets including challenging and supporting academies in financial difficulties; monitoring the use of accumulated balances held by the academies and supporting the return of Consistent Financial Reports to the DfE/ EFSA. The Finance Team ensures the Trust complies with the Academies Financial Handbook.
- Regular meetings with those responsible for finance in our academies.
- A suite of Trust-wide financial policies and procedures.
- The development of the Trust’s financial strategies.
- Provision of regular financial performance reports including management accounts and year end audited financial statements.
- Management of the internal audit function (carried out by external auditors) on behalf of the Board and the management of the external audit activity, including review & sign off of financial statements.
- Management of payroll.
- Business planning including framework and key assumptions.
- Finance monitoring and reporting to Board and local governing bodies.
- Management of the financial relationships with the EFSA including completion of mandatory reporting deliverables.
- Access Budget
- Access Accounting
- Bromcom Online Payments
- Cashflow management
- Statement reconciliation
- Online payments/orders
- Determination of employment / self-employment status
- Processing of ad-hoc payroll submissions
- Importing of payroll reports from current payroll supplier (NCC)
- Payment of Trust payovers
- Submission of monthly Pension Returns for the Teacher Pension Scheme
- Preparation of year end returns for LGPS and TPS, and administration of related audit sign off
- Monthly payroll reconciliations
- Management of Recharge Schedules
- Management of internal journals
- Month end reports
- Statement Reviews
- Supplier Verification
- BACS/Cheque payments
- Petty cash reimbursements
- Mileage Claims
- Course Bookings
- Invoicing for services
- Banking of all income
- Bromcom Online Payments
- Maintain academy fund accounts
- Manage academy trips
- Manage music tuition/DofE schemes
- Maintain the Trust fixed asset register and ensure it is updated monthly for purchases and disposals
- Calculate the monthly depreciation charge
- Carry out periodic physical verification of fixed assets
- Securing sufficient insurance cover, and administration of any insurance claims
- Maintain the overall Trust strategic risk register and advise on local/operational risk management as required
- Financial management of the Trust Apprenticeship Levy, enabling maximum opportunities open to all staff across the Trust
Management of the process and produce the required documentation to meet obligations in respect of Gender Pay Gap reporting, Payment Practices reporting, returns on meeting the Apprenticeship target and any other such reporting which becomes applicable for the Trust or academy.
To contact our Finance team, please submit a message using the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.