Equality and Inclusion
promoting equal opportunities and ensuring everyone feels included
Our equality objectives, reviewed every two years, set out our approach to promoting equal opportunities and inclusion across out Trust community.
Within the Trust and our academies, our objectives are:
- To promote a positive ethos of equality and diversity for all.
- To foster positive relations between different communities represented within our school.
- To promote cultural understanding between ethnic groups within our school.
- To limit the incidence of prejudice, racial and homophobic language in school through a positive and inclusive ethos.
- To be inclusive of all regardless of gender, race, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religious affiliation.
- To be inclusive of all through robust and equal employment training and development opportunities.
- To recognise and celebrate difference and individuality through our curriculum, educational and extra-curricular programmes.
- To recognise, and celebrate, the contribution of all groups and communities through our curriculum design and delivery.
- To increase the proportion of people with protected characteristics among Trust staff and those responsible for governance.
Our Equality Policy, including Race Equality and Equal Opportunities, is applicable to all Trust academies and can be downloaded below: